Monday, May 30, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 21. 'To Survive or To Thrive'






I started KICKBOXING this week!

I've been wanting to tone up, AND I'm embracing the fact that as an Asian American actress, knowing some sort of martial arts or self-defense techniques will definitely 'up' the chances of my getting in that room.  I'm just trying to do something everyday as if I'm living my dream now.  As if it's all taking place now.  And because I believe in the Law of Attraction, and 'Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity', Seneca.   I am living today as if all the things I want are on their way so I'm getting ready to receive them one by one.  :)  " 'So, we're looking for an actress who has training in some sort of fighting skills', 'Well, funny you say that, (har har har) I have kickboxing background (har har har)' ".  And then you know how this scenario ends....I book the job of course.    I was listening to Abraham Hicks on youtube the other day and one thing that clicked was that we already have what we want...God/Universe wants to give it to us, and will when it's the best time, we just gotta get out of our own way.  And so, I work on ways to allow for things to happen as they should, when they should.  This doesn't come very easy for me because I'm such a control freak but, I'm working on it.  Meditating, breathing, and free writing in my book are some ways I'm approaching this.  And then all the while, I still have to remind myself everyday that my dream is worth dreaming, my story is worth telling.

There's a story or stories in all of us.  And they have the right to live and breathe just like you and me.  And when I can just live and breathe first, my stories will have life through me.  As artists, we burn from within to live fully, to feel fully, and to express fully.  This is what we are called to do and if we don't honor that, we will only be alive to survive.  And I don't want to just survive, I want to thrive.  I'm no 'half-asser'.  :)


And here's the first step.......I AM thriving.  I AM thriving.  I AM THRIVING!!!

I am sooooo thriving and it starts with believing that I am.  And how do I start believing when I think I'm not??  Stop thinking it, FEEL it.  And how do I start feeling it?  Say it over and over again...everyday.  Then start aligning myself, my actions, my decisions with that picture of myself thriving.  God/Universe will take it from there.

So, take care of me, take care of others, and take care of my sh*t.  My new motto.  :)

What does your picture look like of you THRIVING??  Career?  Love??  Health???  All of them???  Because you can have it all.  So, let's visualize it...and do get specific with it.  Specificity helps me feel it more, which is the whole point of the exercise.  And if you have a friend you can daydream together with, do it...get giddy about it.  I have a couple of friends who I can talk to about my daydreams and we get so excited together.  It's so fun.


Have a great week everyone.  :)

Events/News/Goodies Updates:

* Fuzzy Connections, the short I Co-produced is in Dances With Films Festival!  I also make a cameo!

   Short Competition Group 1 at the Laemmle Theater.
   Saturday, June 4th.  @ 12:30 pm.
   Buy your tickets now and I hope to see you there!

https://www.laemmle.com/purchasetickets.php?m=MjI5MS0wMDItMDYwNDIwMTEtMTIzMC02

* Here are some photos from the ' 3 Guys and a Couch ' Premiere!  Yaaay!  And thank you to 5 Minute Photos for the pictures!!!!







And I went to the most awesome awesome concert this weekend.  Thanks O.  OMG.  I can't live without their music now.  Black Dub and Rocco DeLuca.  I'm obsessed...I can't stop listening to them on repeat.  






Last Week's Goals:  Revise day job resume, acting resume, manager showcase.

Update:  Done, done, and DONE!  I actually got a new job already!  Went on an interview Friday and got it.  It's promo work for events!!  Yaay!  My new and improved acting resume is also ready to go.  Although I kind of want to change it up a bit more.  And the manager showcase went well.  7 managers were there!

This Week's Goals:  Revise acting resume some more.  Follow-up letters to managers.  Look into getting new headshots.  Kickboxing!




with LOVE,

Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment