Monday, December 1, 2014

"Setting Up Shop!". Television, Here I Come.....Again! Week 45-49.

Herro from the Choi ladies!




Dear Diary,


Here's my offering to you this week......

*  "I'm not a businessman.  I'm a business, man."  Jay-Z.

As my website is slowly but surely underway, I'm constantly finding myself tweaking and honing my brand.  Maybe this is why it's taking a little longer too.  But this is making me think bigger for myself, and do bigger for myself.

I'd like to announce that my official company/business name is NEW YORKIE CHOI !!  This is a name that carries with it many special meanings for me.  So, from now on, you do business with moi, you do business with NYC......even the acronym is perfect....(Joy Choi pointed that out).  And my friend is working on the logo for me.  Very freaking exciting.

Filed for my DBA this past week.  I'm working with a small business consultant, Tara who is helping me through each step and process.  This isn't hard, but it's not easy either.  It's just tedious.  It's actually kind of fun if you think about it because I always knew there was an entrepreneur in me....and now that I'm taking the steps, it just feels...........well duh, about time!

*  I started reading Sophia Amoruso's book, #GIRLBOSS.  Started out slow for me, but I'm starting to really dig it now....Sophia knows a little about MAGIC and allowing that element into your path and journey.  She's also a huge advocate for HARD WORK.  That's my kind of combo, that's my kind of girl.  It gives great insights about listening to your gut, practical things like saving money, and having fun along the way.  I'm lovin it.


Now on to the main attraction......



Ladies and gentlemen, I never wanted to call myself an expert at anything but, I think I'm going to retract that.  I believe I have sufficiently put in my 10,000 hours and I can call myself an expert, a professional when it comes to shopping.  No joke.  (In case you're wondering about this 10,000 hour rule thing, check out Malcolm Gladwell's book, Outliers).

So, I am setting up shop.  Online.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

I'll be doing some light buying and reselling of some of my favorite pieces I find...just accessories for now.  I'm an accessories whore if you haven't noticed.  And whenever I go shopping, I always buy an extra or two for my sister and friend(s).  Well, now I'm buying a little  more extra, and they will be available to purchase on my website.  They will be super duper limited, until I make more money to buy more.  Then again, I like the idea of 'once they're gone, they're gone' type of thing.  I don't like mass production.  I like to carefully curate.  And I don't want to carry something for too long.  Enjoy it and let it go, you know?  I just got hit with something....this in relation to my love life.  Eh, another post.

Anyways guys, I'm so excited about this because shopping is my forte.  I can shop harder than anyone I know....and I don't get tired from it.  Not for nothing, I get energized.  It really gets my blood flowing.  And that is why, I always shop alone.  No one can hang and honestly,  I feel bogged down by others.  I'm lying.  Unless it's my sister.  I feel confident I can be a productive shopper with her.  We've mastered this shit down, you understand?  She and I will shop like our life depended on it....you should have seen us in Korea, it was like Heaven for us.  But, even in Heaven, sisters fight.  Bah hahahaha....the fights, the make-ups,  the barely eating, the hunt for public bathrooms, the wheeling and dealing with different vendors,  we pretty much just went to Korea to take naps so we can live, breathe, shopping there.  Oh God, I miss it.  Did you know my aunt and uncle took me to Dong Dae Moon, which is a 24/7 mall-like shopping town, not just a building or street, they're streets and streets and streets, they even go underground in some places, I mean, it's monstrous, and my first time there, I shopped from 11pm to like 7 or 8am the next morning.  I can feel my blood pumpin just talking about this right now.  God.

It's also a very private and sacred thing for me, shopping.  It's meditative.  I try something on and see how I feel, what I like, what I don't like,.....it's time for me to check in with myself.  I think this is why I don't like to go shopping with others because it's just my time to be alone.  I rarely need opinion on how anything looks, because this is where I completely trust myself.  And if feels good.  No matter how old I get, clothing and accessories will forever make me feel like the little giddy girl in me playing dress up and having her own fashion show in front of a long mirror.  This is one of my happy places.

So, I made a video.  Bells and I made this video.  I think Bells will have a lot more involvement from now on.  The company is named after her, after all.  This is a 'commercial' of sort.  For The Shop.  Yeah, a 3 minute commercial....I know, I'm still working on the logistics.

 This is to introduce you to some of the first few pieces that will be available on the website.  Yesssssssss.  Sound quality is horrible so I'm saving money to get better mic but, hope you guys like.







Have a THRIVING week, peeps.



with MAAAAD LOVE,

x Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment