Friday, March 21, 2014

"Today". Television, Here I Come....Again! Week 12

Mirror mirror on the wall, what do I enjoy most of all?  Selfies.  I have a new writing spot.  It's my vintage vanity given to me by neighbors Ginger and Myko.  I like looking at myself while writing.  Whatever it takes...whatever it takes.


Dear Diary,

Here's my offering to you this week.....

*  I have a new accountability buddy this month and since we both want to do some casting director workshops, we'll be signing up together.  Keep you posted.



Now on to the main attraction......


Excuses, excuses.

I'm getting tired of it.  One by one.

So I'm buckling down.

I'm going to write myself something.   I have plenty of ideas, it's just a matter of picking one for now, and writing it.

I have web content ideas, I have short ideas, I have feature ideas.  I'm trying to figure out which calls to me the most right now.

I've told a few people in my life.  The cat's out of the bag.  Now I gotta deliver.

I'm scared that I may not be able to follow through.  But, I'm also excited about the challenge.  There's a little excitement in me.  And I have little rituals to nurture and celebrate that excitement.

I want to do this.

I feel like I'm making a declaration.

I will write and create roles for myself.  Roles that are sophisticated, edgy, hilarious, honest, smart, silly, powerful, sad, angry, endearing, familiar, memorable, and raw.  With full of cool dichotomies.  You won't even know what hit you.

I can't wait.

I know I can do this.

I just have to muster up everything in me.

And I want to.  Because I want to see how far I can go.  How magically I can create and live my life.

I can't die without trying.

And not trying could be the death of me.

There are stories in me that want to be told.  And I certainly don't want to audition for the rest of my life.

I want my own production company.  Gotta start somewhere.  Gotta start someday.

Today.

So, I'm putting in the work.

I'm putting in a minimum of 1 hour every day to it.  I'm trying to do 2 but, we'll see.


Steven Pressfield, The War Of Art

"The most important thing about art is to work.  Nothing else matters except sitting down every day and trying."

"This is the other secret that real artists know and wannabe writers don't.  When we sit down each day and do our work, power concentrates around us.  The Muse takes notes of our dedication.  She approves.  We have earned favor in her sight.  When we sit down and work, we become like a magnetized rod that attracts iron filings.  Ideas come.  Insights accrete."




I'm curious to see what my 2014 journey will look like.  



Start something today.  You'll be glad you did.


Here's to another THRIVING week, peeps.  Hour by hour, day by day, week by week.  





with MAAAAD LOVE,

x Alex





No comments:

Post a Comment