Monday, January 16, 2012

Guest-Star, Here I Come! Week 3. 'Sedona pics and getting ready for the year'

My cute attempt to get a jumping pic.  Not easy.  How the heck do some people get good jump pics??  Thank you sister for your patience.  :)



My family came out to visit and we went to Sedona together!  What a magnificent place.  And the people were so nice.  We stayed at the Enchantment Resort.  This place was Heaven on Earth.  Imagine looking up at night and seeing a bed of stars.  Constellations are obvious.  They said you can sometimes even see the galaxy.  Can you just imagine?!

We loved The Pink Jeep Tour (Broken Arrow Trail) and Hiking on the Red Rocks.  Here are some pictures!!

The Pink Jeep Tour is like going on a safari ride.  If you have a back problem, um..think twice because you're in for a RIDE.  Bumps and all.


 There's Andy, our guide, way up front, then there's my dad, and me!

Rotate this clockwise once.  It's suppose to look like I'm hanging of a cliff.  For some reason I couldn't rotate and paste here.  






*******************************************************


Where we stayed.  So pretty.





I got an audition for How I Met Your Mother while in Sedona..I put myself on tape and sent that baby out.

****************************************************************


Now for some real deal hiking on the Red Rocks.  View makes you speechless.



This tree is dying.  You see those yellow-lime-greenish round things blossoming??  Well, those are air-borne parasites.  Crazy.  Nature does her thing.

I'd love to do a serious rock climb once in my life.  John, our guide said you develop a relationship with that specific rock...respect.




Cactuses are no joke.  



This is called the Desert Crust.  Living organism.  So cool.

My mom looks like she's in the Wild Wild West!  

******************************************************************


If you go to Sedona, eat here!  





******************************************************



I got one of these to put on my meditation table.

 Yeah...for the most part.

*******************************************************


My parents.  30 years ago.  PIMP!

Today.  Still PIMPIN!

Happy 70th Birthday DAD!!!!  I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful to have you as my parents.  Thank you for a lovely trip and thank you for being so open and understanding.  


I think the time away made me more creative.  I came up with some new ideas for my vlogs!!!  I'm going to start shooting them this week!  I'm pushing my brand this year and I'm going to experiment by making more videos.  Stay tuned!  Busy week ahead.  

I've been coming up with ideas left and right.  I'm trying to see how I can manage my time to see them through.  I'm going to use this week to figure out my game plan for this year.  Exciting.

Also, I'm going to the Sam Christensen workshop on Wednesday with some friends.  Sam Christensen is known for his unique way of helping you know and develop your brand.  I'm sure I'll learn something.  I'll keep you posted.

Oh!  And if you're curious about the How I Met Your Mother audition.  I emailed my agent that I would be out of town but, there was a glitch.  I got an audition.  Instead of declining, my agent asked if I could put myself on tape.  I was afraid my web cam would look too unprofessional but, she said it's worth a try.  Well, they wanted me to read for 3 different co-star roles.  I used my iMovie skills to cut that..even added a slate in the beginning.  I'm badass!  :)  I don't think I got it since television casting moves so much faster..and I haven't heard anything but, I'm just happy to have gotten the audition and I did my best to follow through.  It feels good.

THRIVING MENTALITY TIP #1
I emailed my agent my goal for this year.  That I want to book a guest-star.  I also told her that I am going to do my part by doing casting director workshops consistently.  

Share your goals.  Especially if you have an agent..let them know that you're serious and willing to do your part.  Let's not wait around this year but, take initiative.  Go after what you want.  Speak up.  Do the work.  And create the life you want.  :)


Have a great week!

with LOVE,

Alex












No comments:

Post a Comment