Monday, July 25, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 29. 'WHO WANTS A BUDDY?!?!'



Helllooooooo World!


Some awesome possum news, shall we???

Remember I wanted to give something back to say THANK YOU for supporting my blog??  Well, I came up with something.  You ready???  Aaaaahhhhhhh!  I'm really excited about this as you can tell....

Drum roll pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I'd like to be an ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER for a reader!!!!  Yes, that's right.  I'll be partnering up with one individual to see how much we can get done for one whole month!  Grateful to Dallas Travers and her workshop for this one.  I'm all about accountability.  ALL about it.  Did you know that it takes 21 days to develop a habit?  We have one month!  Let's build a healthy habit together.

You want to start something new?  Finish something old?  Want to work out regularly?  Want to eat better?  Want to meditate more?  Want to get up earlier?  Want to take cooking classes?  Want to sign up for workshops?  Want to find an agent or manager?  Want to start training again?  Want to write a script or a blog??  Want to create an online presence for yourself?  No matter what that may be, as long as it makes you happy and feel good......I'll be your private accountability buddyyyyy!  I will share everything I know to help and support you.  I hope as my buddy, you'd do the same.  :)

We're artists...and the majority of us have to make our own schedules and deadlines.  This can either get you super excited or get you feeling overwhelmed and lost.  Don't worry.  It just takes a little stepping back, seeing clearly what you want, prioritizing, and taking the first step.  Baby steps...we'll be taking one step at a time but, sooner or later, you'll see one BIG jump from all those little ones.  You'll see.  I buddied up with a friend and within a couple of weeks, she had more done than she did in months.  It was pretty cool to see.  And I guarantee you'll start seeing magic happen around you.

Why?  Because there's something about action and consistency.  You're moving energies around that have been stationary...and once those energies move, things around will move, and YOU will move.  :)    Doesn't that sound wonderful?

So, this is how the buddy system will work.  It's quite simple.
*  You and I will talk on the phone everyday.......EVERY-DAY.  Excluding weekends.  And don't worry, I won't keep you on the phone for too long.  ;)   That's pretty much it in a nutshell.  We'll first discuss what it is that you want exactly for the month and we'll go from there.  You don't have to do this alone...I don't have to do this alone.  We're all in this together.  "And with our powers combined.....".  Just trust and believe, get excited, and get committed.  That's all.


How will I pick my buddy????
Email me folks!  Just shoot over your name, phone number, email address, and your top three goals.  They can be long term and/or short term.  I'll probably just throw names into a hat and draw.  I'm old-school.  ;)
alexandra@alexandrachoi.com

Deadline for submissions is August 5th, midnight!!
I will officially announce the buddy August 8th.  And we'll get started!

I'm really really happy about this.  Because, it's something I'm good at.  I know that.  And I guess when you're able to use what you're good at to help and serve others, it makes your heart even happier.  So, thank you everyone for giving me this opportunity to open up my heart a lil more.  :)   :)   :)


Last Week's Goal:  I want to shoot a scene for my reel.  Research scenes.

Update:  Done!  I found two actually.  Here's one of them....but I won't be falling down the stairs.  I'm a pretty good 'fighter' so I thought this would be a good scene to showcase that side of me.  And, it's from my favorite movie of all time.



This Week's Goal:  Talk to my friend Dylan to schedule a shoot date, cast my scene partner, and start memorizing my lines.  I can't wait to finally put together a reel...oooh!  it's going to be so badass!!!





As always, have a THRIVING week.


with LOVE,


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment