Monday, August 1, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 30. 'Pass It On'



Hello errrrrrrbodyyyyyyyy!!

Two announcements before we proceed!

1.  'The Diary of The THRIVING Actress' is now one of the FEATURED blogs (Lifestyle section) on Alltop.com!!!!  Isn't that crazy?!  Alltop is a community for bloggers...from all over the world.  And I'm featured!!!  I still can't believe it.  SMH.  :)

2.  Accepting ACCOUNTABILITY BUDDY submissions until August 5th, midnight!
     Announcing BUDDY August 8th!
If you're thinking, "What the hell are you talking about?  What accountability buddy?"  Then, here's the previous post to catch you up.  :)
'Who Wants A Buddy?!?!'


L   O   V   E                 L   O   V   E                   L   O   V   E                      L   O   V   E

I did Kundalini 5 times this week.  And the more I do it, the more I want to learn about it in depth.  I'm reading The 8 Human Talents by Gurmukh with Cathryn Michon.  It brings tears to my eyes because I feel like I've been on a spiritual quest for some time and finding Kundalini feels like a blessing to help me along my way.  And the community is incredible.  I feel like I belong already and I'm new.  Kundalini feels right to me...hits a perfect place somewhere inside me.  I once said, "I would never do yoga".....never say never.  jeeeeez.

All I know is....I can't believe I've been living without breathing properly or even knowing how.  I'm a 'Chop Chop', 'Walk and Talk' type of gal.  Taking a deep, cleansing, relaxing breath was very difficult.  Now it's easy.  Would you like to know how??  But, wait.  Read this before you begin.  It's from the book The 8 Human Talents and I was 'WOWed' by it.

"Breath Work To Build Trust"
'Inhale deeply through the nose, and then exhale through the nose every last molecule of air.  Experience what it means to give everything away.  Only when we are willing to give away every last particle of breath, which is our life force, can we truly receive.'

OMG.  OMG.  OMG.  This did something to me.  I feel like I found gold.

Just remember this:   Inhale - soften your belly, let it expand as you slowly breathe in through your nose. Hold it for as long as you can without forcing.  Then exhale through mouth and slowly push out as much air out of your body, your belly should be contracting in towards your spine now.  When you hold in between your inhales and exhales...it creates a momentum to help you take or release your next breath completely.  Do this whenever you can.  I do it throughout the day.  Once I had a taste of breathing for real for real, I don't want to go back to half assing it.  No way.  So, how does it feel??  Ahhhhhhhhh.  :)

I wanted to share this because it changed me...a part of me got re-wired after reading this.

I asked for Strength...
And God gave me Challenges to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom...
And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity...
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage...
And God gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love...
And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favors...
And God gave me Opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.

Balled my lil Korean eyes out....you know why??  Because I have been given everything I have asked for.  They just came to me packaged differently than I wanted so I didn't recognize them.  I recognize them now.  It was like the first time I read the Footprints in the Sand poem.  When you realize how much you're loved by love that's so unconditional, so steady, so healing, so inclusive, so deep, so patient.....it is humbling and overwhelming.   A montage of memories, not the best of memories but, I could literally feel them being quickly processed into lessons, see their correlation to who I am today......curses became blessings, enemies became teachers.  I couldn't stop crying and sweating....this was my body coping with releasing what had to be released.  I sat in my car and let it all go, consciously...until my breathing became calm and my shoulders relaxed.  It was an intimate moment with myself.  Moments like these birth new thoughts, ideas, and feelings.  Creativity comes alive again.  


I'd like to share one other thing.  Listened to Mitch Joel's podcast...Mitch Joel is one of my marketing gurus.  He recently interviewed Steven Pressfield, known for Legend of Bagger Vance, and my favorite of the favorite of the most favorite, War of Art.  It's my go-to book whenever I need a kick in the butt.  Guess what?!  A new book!!!  Do The Work!  It's another short read like the War of Art.  It's all the rave.  

Pressfield breaks it down for us....why we creatives have a difficult time creating.  Resistance.  Why it's there...where it comes from....how to understand it....how to use it for good.  

Here are some things I got out of the interview.  It's helped me be more kind to myself...to let myself off the hook at times....and to believe that I'm on my way.

*  Who experiences Resistance??  99.999999999999999% of us.  Pressfield said he knows ONE person that doesn't experience it...and that is extremely rare.  Find comfort in that and don't be so hard on yourself.

*  "Things can come fast but only after a period of gestation".  
Be ok with where you are now.  Changes are inevitable.  If you're in a situation that doesn't thrill you...know that it's not permanent.  Think of it as a vacation from God/Universe.  Use the time to recharge yourself, take care of yourself, prepare yourself for what you want, because it's on its way.  It's on its way!  It's on its way!!!  And then one day when you're about to say 'it's on its way' again, you'll realize, 'it's here'.  :*)

*  "It has its own timetable.  It appears when it wants to appear.  But, having a practice and making yourself available to it daily is the best way to be ready when it comes".
Persistence folks.  I love persistence.  Because when you are persistent, you believe in yourself.  And when YOU believe in yourself, it becomes your truth, your reality.  And by being consistent, you're being persistent.  

*  "Put in the time and oddly enough, the most mysterious dimension seem to go hand and glove with the most mundane work ethic.  And they do seem to go together.  I don't know but it works".
I couldn't have said this better.  This is what I believe with all my heart.

*  Pressfield quoted Steven Soderbergh after he received his Oscar for "Traffic"
"Here's to anybody or everybody who chases their dreams.  One hour a day.  I don't think you need any more than that".

*  "The journey of an artist is really a journey of self-discovery.  The artist's journey is a journey to revealing ourselves what we truly love and who we truly are".


If this hits home with you, then get the book War of Art and/or Do The Work!  I promise you, if there is anything you want to do, or start, or finish, you'll be inspired and motivated.



Take care of your spirit first and foremost.  Your spirit must be happy.  And when your spirit is happy, everything clicks into place.  And you'll experience and relish every moment.  What a wonderful life we have ahead of us.

I wish you a week of calm, peace, deep breaths, happiness, and lots of smiles.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)


Last Week's Goal:  Getting ready to shoot my scene for my reel.

Update:  Done!  We're locking down a date today or tomorrow.  Hopefully, we'll be able to shoot some time this week.  Excited!

Next Week's Goal:  I have two agent showcases coming up in the next couple of weeks!  I figured it's time to start looking...because I'm ready!  :)  Memorize and prepare a scene.  And more Kundalini!!!  Weeeeeeee!






with LOVE,

Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment