Monday, February 21, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 8. 'Feeling Healing'

                                                                 Click West Photo

I feel brand spankin NEW.

God/Universe is working miracles in my life.  If my life is a play, I'm entering a new act...a new tone...a NEW..............ANEW.

And to align my work with my life, I changed the name of my blog....did you notice it???  It's now called 'The Diary of The THRIVING Actress'.  I am no longer climbing...I am thriving.  I'm a big believer in living as though you are or you have it already......I'm owning it.  Now, let the manifest begin.  :)

Yesterday was a perfect example....guess what happened yesterday?!  I got Taft-Hartleyed!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you to my wonderful friend Adam Ward.  Adam and I met last year on a feature film and stayed in touch.  He called me early this year...literally right after I posted a blog post about my being non-union and how I wasn't going to let that get me down or get in my way.   He's writing, producing, directing, and starring in a webisode and asked if I can play a part in it and they'll Taft-Hartley me.  Crazy huh?  No, that's the kind of magic that happens to me all the time now.  I met amazing people on set yesterday and it was such a blast.  I'll keep you posted on its development.
Thank you again Adam....I hope to return the favor to you one day.  This means alot to me.  :*)

Acting isn't just a career to me.  This is my dream.  And I'm realizing how profoundly my physical life, emotional life, mental life, and spiritual life is linked to my dream.  And by making this a priority, taking care of me, my career will find a place in this world and do great things.  So I'm healing myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  I'm healing.  I'm learning.  I'm accepting.  I'm asking.  I'm forgiving.  I'm allowing.  I'm welcoming.  I'm reading.  I'm dreaming.  I'm doing.  I'm breathing.  I'm listening.  I'm crying. I'm laughing.  I'm loving.   I'm feeling.  I'm dancing.  I'm singing.  I'm living.

I'm living.  I'm living so I can be a better actress.  A better artist.  A better storyteller.  I have a wonderful life and career ahead of me.  I'm here for a reason.  I want to discover it.  I want to be it.  And I can.  I just have some work to do but, it'll be a piece of cake as I align myself with my purpose, my God, my Universe, my Source.  I'm on my way. 

And to honor all these changes in me, I'll be getting a new hairdo.  Yep.  I've been hiding behind these curls...it's a perm after all.  I had this limiting belief that my hair was getting me all the jobs..."Oh, here's an Asian girl with curls, let's cast her!".....and I've been afraid to change it because I wanted to continue booking work.  I guess I'm not afraid anymore.  I booked those jobs because of me, not my hair.  And because I'm changing as a person, as an artist, I want to stay true to that.  Change is good.  So what, I'll have to get new headshots.  Big deal.  I want to live my life and let the career happen and not live for my career.  So, stay tuned for my new transformation!  I'll put up a picture on my next blog!  Yay!  :)


Last Week's Goal:  Write cover letters and Breeeeeathe. 

Update:  Done and Done!

This Week's Goal:  Mail those babies out!  I'm going to seal it with a hug and kiss and begin my own ritual before I send out anything into the world, the Universe.  The loving energy I put out, I will get back.



So, how are you doing phyically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually??  Your peace and happiness will translate into everything else you do in this world.  How will you take care of yourself this week?

If you want a good read...I'm almost finished with this book that was loaned to me.  Spiritual Warrior - The Art of Spiritual Living, by John-Roger.  It's pretty friggin great and uplifting.   



Have a soulful week.


with LOVE,

Alex


3 comments:

  1. I love love love the new name of the thriving blog of the thriving actress.... very fitting and empowering,.... way to support yourself.... and Yes to getting taft-hartley-ed..... through putting yourself out there and inviting the universe to meet you...... most of all, so touched that this has become a vehicle to clear away all that is not for your highest good in order to invite that divine alignment, for you, your co-collaborators, and for the light and art to shine through clearly and vibrantly for your audiences...... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Adam William Ward, and thank you! You did an amzing job! Its not a webisode its a TV pilot. I am shopping this thing to HBO if its funny enough. Keep climbing girl! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete