Monday, January 17, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 3.


Do you sometimes feel like you're going to explode or implode?? 

I do.  All the time.  I feel like I can't execute fast enough what's going on inside me...my heart and brain.  I am definitely feeling the effects of my Saturn return (a time of transformation, astrologically speaking).  I am deeply learning about myself and I had an epiphany.  I am an "All Or Nothing" kind of gal.  I tend to jump into anything and everything with such fervor (Sagittarius, Fire Sign) that I get burnt out...fast.  And once that happens, it's all lost.  I want to learn from this...this is why I blog.  I blog to certainly release but, the lesson this year is patience and consistency.  So, as much as I want to try out all these ideas RIGHT NOW, I'm breaking them up into weeks.   So, I hope you'll be patient with me as well.

Last Week's Goal:  List television shows I would like to be in and sign up for One-Person Workshop.

Update:  Done and DONE!! 

I came up with 28 shows to be exact.  28!  I'm sure at least half will be nixed because I'm still Non-Union and my focus is just on AFTRA shows....for now.  :)

And I'm in!  I'm super excited about the One-Person Workshop.  It's with Julie Brister, who teaches at Upright Citizens Brigade.  I mean, I can't learn from anyone better! 



This Week's Goal:

1.  Turns out I have a schedule conflict.  One-Person Workshop begins Thursday and I BOOKED a commercial for that day!!!  It's for Hotwire.  Of course, shortly after I sign up, I book a commercial.  Isn't life funny and wonderful?  So, I gotta call the workshop and see what they say.  It'll all work out I'm sure.  :)

2.  Now that I have a list of my t.v shows, some research is in order.   Figure out which shows are AFTRA and get their casting department information.  So, how do you determine which ones are AFTRA and SAG?  I Googled it.  Here are some links I found.  You could probably get some information on the AFTRA website but, I'm not AFTRA either.  So, some extra steps for me.....I like it.

 http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6031061/m/949105803

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14171131/AFTRA-Television-Show-Sheet

Then, how do you get the casting department information??  I STRONGLY recommend getting an imdbPRO account.  I believe it's like $99 for a year but the benefits are so worth it.  The PRO account will give you detailed information about any show, film, production company, talent agencies, etc....pretty much everything you would want to know as an actor.  Oh yeah, and you can also upload close to 100 photos of you.

*Tip:  Get some online presence.  imdb is the go-to place for industry professionals...and recently Facebook.  Before I had any credits to put on imdb, I still made an account and put up pictures.  Also, there is an amazing blog post by Ben Whitehair (actor) and he talks about your Starmeter and how having an imdb account can help you.  I just wrote to him because I couldn't find it but, I'll link it once I get it.  But, definitely check out his website and his blogs.  I was so glad to come across his blogs because his approach is very similar to mine.  What a gift. 

http://www.benwhitehair.com/


So, I have two things to take care of this week!  Simple and do-able so it'll get done!
What two things can you get done this week??? 


Song of the Week!

Katy Perry's Firework Cover by BOYCE AVENUE feat. DAVID CHOI on strings.
The lyrics make my heart swim and makes me feel like this....




                                              Courtesy of Cammy Kinney Photography






with LOVE,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment