Saturday, October 30, 2010

Professing about my Professionals!





In this BLOG, I'd like to say Thank You!

This past week, I was surrounded by amazing professionals. I took new headshots, I went to the Scary or Die website launch party, got make-up help from one of my fave make-up artists, and had one of the sickest costumes for Halloween!



Headshots!
Who did I shoot with??
ClickWest Photography - John Allen Phillips
www.clickwestphoto.com
$295 for 5 looks! And you get all your photos on a CD right after the shoot (it just takes an hour or so). The top photo is one of the many many great shots I got with John AND it hasn't even been retouched yet! He is the coolest and a total professional...he knows his camera and lighting very well. Now, I'm an actor, not a model so I still get camera shy...and I feel like I'm boring the photographer with the same old pose but, you're in good hands with John. He gives you your freedom to be as natural as possible but, for those who need some technical assistance like "turn a little that way, chin up/down, rest your eyes, etc...he'll take over when he has to. He's also an actor himself so he understands actors..that's gotta give him more street cred. I can go on and on about how great he is but, if you need new headshots, shoot with him. Great photos, great times, great price. What more can you ask for? Seriously. Thank you John!



Scary or Die website launch!
Yay! The same filmmakers I had worked with, just launched the Scary or Die website. Same concept as Funny or Die but, for the horror community. Mike, Igor, David, and Ski-ter - Congratulations and thank you.
I met them about 5 months ago for a short film (where I also met my friend Rahi). I got really lucky with this one. Remember some time ago when I was submitting myself on LA Casting and Actor's Access over ten times a day? Well, this was one of the projects I got on my own. This goes to show you that you don't need an agent or manager to get work...like I always say..."YOU NEVER KNOW!" Now, I got to see them all minus Igor (overseas for a movie) at the party and they caught me up on some new developments. Out of respect for them and their hard work, I will keep mum about details (sorry everyone) but, all I gotta say is I am maaaaaaaaad EXCITED! As soon as I find out more, and can talk about it, I will BLOG first thing! I am one lucky actress...oh yeah, I'm a Sagittarius. :)
Thank you again gentlemen. I can't wait to hear more great news.
www.scaryordie.com



Make-up!
Robin Manier is the best. I met Robin earlier this year when I was getting ready to do a funny video for the web and I wanted to spruce up my look. Why is she so great? For those of you who know me, you know my issues with my skin...my acne and acne scars. I've worked with some make-up artists who have said they can cover up my scars and when it's all said and done, I looked better before they touched my face. Or sometimes I look like I got punched in the eye because Asian eyes can be a little tricky for some folks. All in all, I am quite vain and skeptical in this area so it takes alot to win me over.
Robin knows my coloring, knows my eye shape, knows my cheekbones, and knows my skin! Maybe because she's half Korean?! Robin hooked me up with my make-up before the website party. My skin looked and felt awesome. Normally, I would apply thick foundation and concealer all over my face to get the coverage I want but, Robin was extremely meticulous and only applied concealer where necessary. I felt like I had no make-up on. Blew me away. Then, my eyes....I'm so used to wearing black eyeliner and this look can be too dramatic. And frankly, I'm bored with it. Robin gave me the most perfect smoky eyes....sans black liner... actually, it turned out more sultry than smoky. It was perfect. And I looked and felt like a million bucks. Robin's one of my best kept secrets as an actress but, if you want her info, I'll give it up. :) And you'll be seeing more of her in my VLOGS! Yeeeeeeeah! Thank you Robin, my Korean sistaaaa!







Happy Halloween!
I was 1 of 7 courtesans for Halloween. The second photo on top is of me and one of my besties Cammy all dressed up and ready to "court". I'll probably put up more photos on Facebook when I get them. Our costumes were the talk of the century! We had 7 courtesans and 7 men to match us! We looked straight out of a book or movie. And all this was possible because of Cholla, Rachel, and the talented designer Naomi Selina!
Naomi literally put all our costumes together with her bare hands! No detail went unnoticed. You look at the costume as a whole and there is something grand and dramatic about it with simplicity but, when you look closely enough, even the simplicity of it is intricately done. Naomi put so much heart and soul into it that it was very hard to take it off in the end. My favorite had to have been the colors of costumes. Everything she got was in pure white..so she dyed everything herself, from corset to gloves, to socks, to give it an antique look. The pictures may not do it true justice...to see it up close and personal is a blessing. The colors, details, design, fabric, EVERYTHING was so beautiful and magical...it almost looked like a wedding dress. Yep, I couldn't help it..I kept thinking about my future wedding gown. I would have eloped that night, that's how good Naomi is. :) Thank you Naomi!
I'm hoping I can do a VLOG episode on her in the near future.
Here's her website.
www.bones-and-roses.com/index.html


That recaps last week!
Yowzersss, I had a pretty awesome week. This pumps me up for this week.


Check out my Facebook page for daily updates! And my Youtube channel for my VLOGS!
Till next Monday!


www.facebook.com/alexandrachoi


www.youtube.com/user/alexandra1203




with LOVE,


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment