Friday, February 21, 2014

"Remember Me?" Television, Here I Come.....Again! Week 8.

At NASA Space Station.  Doesn't it look like I'm in a capsule?  Read on.


Dear Diary,

Here's my offering to you this week.....

*  I'm in Houston, Texas, ya'll!!!!!!!  Visiting my sister with my parents for a few days.  My first time in the state of Texas.  I must say, I like.  For pics, check my Instagram and/or Facebook.  I'll post some pics on my blog when I get back.



Now on to the main attraction.....

I forgot to remind you guys about something.

Do you remember writing a 'time capsule' letter to ourselves 6 months ago?  August 7, 2013 to be exact.

The deal was to write a letter to ourselves, hide it, forget about it, and then come back to it.  I don't know why I love stuff like this.  It's kind of me being romantic with myself.  Bah hahahaha.  And it also does something with Time for me.  Time doesn't seem to exist in that moment when I'm reuniting with the past Me.  My past, present, future somehow all collide and my world feels magical.

Well, here's my letter from 6 months ago.  Honestly, I didn't want to read it again.   A part of me didn't want to see how far I've NOT come.  I read it anyway.

I'm proud of myself.  No matter where I was 6 months ago, where I am today, I'm proud of myself.  As I'm sitting at my sister's desk in Houston, Texas, typing away in the dark while everyone's still sleeping, seeing what I have created in the last 4 years, seeing my love and commitment to this blog, seeing my love and commitment to myself......I am so f*cking proud of myself.  Oh dear God, I want to cry again.  

Here's the link.
http://girlwhereyouat.blogspot.com/2013/08/girl-where-you-at-live-shows-here-i.html

Maybe we'll do another one later.  I'll keep you posted.  I hope you go back to your letters with deep love and appreciation for yourself.  Love to you.


Have a THRIVING week, peeps.


with MAAAAAD LOVE,

x Alex














1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex, I so did what you suggest, for the first time, I wrote it on a beautiful piece of paper, like a love letter to me! I had completely forgotten about it, so it was such a great surprise when I opened up my letter to me - it was such a great prezzie! There was very little I had not done or was doing, so this really amased me about me - what more evidence do I need, I can trust myself to do the work, but there are still a few things I want to do, that I still keep putting off, perennial bad habits! Still, overall, I was so amased and proud of me! Thanks for the suggestion and next time, please remind me again, to blog about it, as the next one is in a sealed envelope to be opened in August 2014, but will do it next time. Thanks for the great idea, what fun!

    ReplyDelete