Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Last Post Of 2013'. Live Shows, Here I Come! Week 50, 51, 52.

Who you mad-doggin, dawg?  It's Christmas.

Dear Diary,

Here's my offering to you this week....

*  Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!!  The Diary Of The THRIVING Actress will be taking a break until the New Year.  See you in 2014.  :)

*  Seriously, THANK YOU for all the support.  You don't know how much it means to me to know that there are people reading this.  I'm so grateful....I'm so grateful!!

*  Bells sends her love too.  She loves her Christmas gifts.
She went to town on this chew bone.  Even had crazy eyes at times.  She looked like she was in a trance.  What an animal.
Bells's fancy festive statement neck piece has bells on it.  I can hear her at all times.  My Silver Bells.  And Mr. Baby, her new boyfriend.

*  For those of you who asked about my national fast food commercial audition, here's a pic.
I took this pic when I knew for sure I didn't get it.  Last Friday, the day I would have been shooting if I had gotten it.  I got the callback for it and it was down to me and 2 other Asian girls for our spot.  I think I know who it went to....the one with the cool hair.  She had one of those asymmetrical cuts...and short.  She looked super cool.  The other one was very conservative.  I was probably somewhere in between.  It was for McCafe and the cool hair girl just looked the part.  To me at least.  Oh well.   Thank you God for my first one.  Onward and upward.  It's funny but, I rarely get to see the commercials I worked on, but, the ones I didn't get....I see it all the time.  It's actually kind of cool to even say, "Oh look, that's the one I didn't get!"  :D


However, the same day as the callback, I had two other commercial auditions.  One for a cruise line and the other a promo trailer/video for a feature film.  I booked the promo and shot it already.  Here's a pic!  Met and worked with some fantastic people.  


Then spoke to the casting director for the cruise line on the phone about my 'skills'.  She was trying to figure out which spot I'd be best for.  We kind of hit it off in the room.  I know she's def on Team Alex.  :D  I have a feeling I got it but, won't know till end of this month.  Will keep you posted.  When I get it, I'll be taking a cruise for 4-5 days overseas to shoot!  

Will write a post about these auditions soon.  Learned something about 'being yourself' in the audition room.  




Now on to the main attraction.....



I'm winding down from 2013 and gearing up for 2014.  Quietly.  Readjusting to some changes, reflecting, and reinventing.

I'll tell you allllllllll about it soon.

I pulled some images/quotes for you by P. Diddy a.k.a Puff Daddy.  I have a soft spot for cocky artists.  I have a cocky side too but, I only show maybe 40% of it (if you only knew) and sometimes I just want to unleash that sh*t.  But, for now, I'll settle living vicariously through artists like P. Diddy, Kanye, and Nicki Minaj.

Whether you like them or not, there's something to learn from them.  I consider them successful...because they consider themselves successful.  They have created the life they want.  They have big dreams, they do the work, and they live LOUDLY.

So, I came across P. Diddy's Instagram.  You are what you post.  I just liked him before but, now I see who he is....I have maaaaad love for him.  And respect.  He knows how to live HIS life.  

These are fun and inspiring.  Thank you P. Diddy for my Christmas gift and giving me a head start on 2014.

2014, I'm coming for ya.


Ever.


Saying 'Fuck It' is great but, once you say it, commit to it.


Bah hahahaha.


Just learned this one.  #DefineYourself





Everything in moderation.


I'm getting better at this as I get older.


Always.  Stay Flexible.


I AM more than what I see, sometimes.


That's all I ever wanted.


That's it.


Don't hate, congratulate.


Nice to meet you.


If I say I'm a unicorn three times, will you believe me?


Truly.  With love.  :D








#ThingsOnlyYOUCanDo


Ok, I'm waiting...I'm waiting.


#Procrastination


Lionel just wanted a little face time.


And when the world catches up......


This cracks me up.  That's a dollar bill, Diddy.  #Confused


Don't play.


Simple metaphysics.


I thought about this for real....it's true.


Tag, you're it.


I beliiiiieve!


Ok.


Don't let me get in my zone, don't let me get in my zone!


YUP, SECRET TO SUCCESS......KEEP.  GOING.




And once again to everyone for reading and following this blog.....THANK YOU for all the love.  I will make 2014 even more magical.  Wishing you and your family a safe and happy holiday.  I hope 2014 will also be magical for you.



with MAAAAD LOVE,

x Alex



















No comments:

Post a Comment