Monday, July 23, 2012

"How To Become An Alchemist And Shift Some Sh*t Around!' Guest-Star, Here I Come! Week 30.






Dear Diary,

Here's my offering to you this week.  



*  You will be proud.  MAGICAL NEWS!  
I'm going to be a guest on Scriptcast!!  "Scriptcast is a screenwriting podcast recorded at UCLA Radio where Script Doctor Eric and TV Wet Nurse Matt chat about the ins and outs of screenwriting in a fun and humorous way…with various levels of success."

Hollaaaaaaa!!!!!  August 8th!  I guess it'll be available shortly after??  I'll find out.  How cool is that??  Oh, what will we talk about?  I have to admit, I'm getting nervous all of a sudden.  I'm afraid I'll be a bore.  I'm nervous because I care.  I'm just going to be myself and talk about what I know.  Done.  Yaaaay!!!!  Amazing!   

*  I'm shooting this week.  I will be playing a sexy assassin.  Though it will be brief, my James Bond girl moment has come.  

*  Had some technical difficulties with my new head shots.  Will probably be able to post next week.  Yessss!  I totally just made a fist to go along with that.  I know you're excited to see them.  Me too.  ;)



Now, on to the main attraction...

So, I guess you can loosely call me a modern day alchemist.  

Alchemy, according to Dictionary.com

al·che·my

  [al-kuh-mee]  Show IPA
noun, plural al·che·mies for 2.
1.
a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced inthe Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concernedprincipally with discovering methods for transmuting basermetals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and anelixir of life.
2.
any magical power or process of transmuting a commonsubstance, usually of little value, into a substance of greatvalue.


I think everybody is and if not, CAN be an alchemist, if she chooses to be honest and have compassion for herself.

I learned this lesson like this......

People that know me, that reeeeeeally know me, have said I'm one stubborn girl.  My family and my exes, especially.  Yes, as an adult, I can admit to having, actually, having had a stubborn streak.  I used to think this was bad, until.........I became an alchemist.  Muhahahahaha.

I was in kundalini class.  As you know, kundalini is the yoga of awareness.  Yes, I learn lessons from my teachers but, you know who I learn from the most??  Myself.  And that's what they teach you.  That YOU have your answers.  If you can go within, God/The Universe exists there....inside.

When I'm doing the exercises...my mind usually goes wild.  It tries to figure out ways to stay in the exercises, and as painful as it is, it tries to keep going,  I'll think about different thoughts...sometimes angry ones will help me, other times, funny ones.  Then I'll get my body to help...I'll tweak my body a little here, a little there to find another way to 'deal', I'll slow down, go faster, but no matter what, I stay in it.  I'm sweating like crazy but, it's ok...I love it.  I'm going deeper into it now and finding that place where the mind and body no longer control me...I get lost in the pain, lost in the music, lost in the energy that's in the room, I begin to love the pain so I no longer feel the pain.  I'm in bliss for that exercise.  

But, the trick is to not give up and keep going.  Take a break if you have to but, keep going, THROUGH the pain.  Tej, our teacher was kicking our asses that day.  The exercises were longer and required more focus and determination.  People were dropping like flies, let me tell you.  It was hard!  But, I kept going.  I was committed to finishing the exercises.  No matter what.

I could go a little easy on myself but, pushing through is what's embedded in me.  Then it hit me as I was in an exercise.  "OMG, I'm being stubborn right now!  Hahahahaha, I'm being so stubborn right now!"  I started to laugh to myself because my stubbornness IS my perseverance!  They're the same thing.  It's just how you look at it.

Holy Holy Holy.  This just blew my mind.  I am born again (when I used to go to church, I could only have one 'born again' experience, when you 'find' God and accept him as your Savior but, now I'm seeing that I'm constantly being born again) to a new reality, through each new awareness and lesson.  I find God/The Universe over and over again.  

I believe in duality.  Whatever you can think of, there is the opposing nature to it.  Can you accept both those natures?  It's simply accepting BOTH, not just one.  One isn't good and the other isn't bad.  They're the same thing.  It's just the meaning you give to it.  What your intentions are.

Kundalini is teaching me to be an energy master.  And energy is life.  

I sometimes imagine that I'm a Superhero.  My gift is working with energies..all energies of the Universe.  Now, I can either 'work' with it or 'manipulate' it.  It's the same thing...just my intentions are what makes it true.  

Another example, I was a prideful child.  Still am.  Thank God.  Because I always thought being prideful was bad and wrong.  But, instead of seeing this as something that diminishes me, I thought, "Ok, so this exists in me.  How the hell can I use this to make me feel good?"  I decided to blog, publicly, and set weekly goals.  Ironically, I knew my pride wouldn't let me down.  If I say I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it.  Even if it's just to prove a point.  (Ha! My stubbornness helped again).  And now, it's been 2 years of blogging weekly.  Ain't that something.....my pride helped me become a committed blogger.  

Transfer or transmute that energy.  First, be honest with yourself...acknowledge and accept the parts of you that you 'thought' were bad...and then ask yourself, how can I USE this instead??  Dang. It feels good to take some power back.  Have a 'Boo hoo, I'm a stubborn person' moment, then say, 'It's ok because this has helped me in the past' or 'How can this help me now?'  The one thing I'm learning  from Byron Katie, the power of inquiry.  Yes, you ARE the product of your thoughts...but, you can also change your thoughts.  How do you want to feel?  How can you feel that?  This stuff isn't just for special people...we can all do it.  

Shift your perception and make small shifts.  That's really all it takes.  Just Shift Some Sh*t Around.

I saw this and posted it on Facebook.  Thank you Cheryl for sharing this.  I love it.  It just does something to my Soul whenever I read it...it cracks my Soul up.  


I hope you're pleased with what I brought this week.  Thank you for all the magic in my life.  Thank you for all the magic to come.  


with LOVE,

Alex




  



  



2 comments:

  1. Dude ~ now I know why I love you ~ I got an award in high school for 'Perseverence'~ it hasn't let me down yet! And I love thinking of being 'Knee Deep in Shift' instead of 'Knee Deep in Shit'!! ;-) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's that fire sign, Aries, warrior blood. I know lady...I know. :)

      Delete