Monday, October 3, 2011

Television, Here I Come! Week 39. 'Becoming an Energy Master'


Here's a picture from our commercial shoot!  I played 'wifey' to this creature.  I hear it will air in November..on TBS and/or TNT - "We're funny", "We know drama" spots.  Not to give too much away but, it's an homage to the movie "Psycho".  Keep your eye out for it!  
Glenn!!!  Thank you and had a blast with you!  :)


Should've Been Romeo Private Screening!
I am in the opening of this movie and ya can't miss me!  And boy, did I look good on that big ass silver screen....I was totally born for this.  ;)
It's your girl! 


 Me and Kim!  We go waaaaay back and it was cool to be a part of this together.  Love you!

Me and Evan Handler!  He's a peach.  

 Director, Marc Bennett.  Love him!!!!  And he's a fellow Brooklynite.


Do you guys remember this from last year??  I did a vlog about my day, on set for "Should've Been Romeo"!  Here it is again!  I'm so glad I made this....oh the memories.  


Final cool thing of the week........I was visited by this!  That's right!  It's a praying/preying mantis!  Apparently it's a good omen to have a rare animal/insect visitor.  I googled it....yep, it's all about being meditative, contemplative, and still.  This definitely made sense to me, especially now.  Thank you for the message.

BECOMING AN ENERGY MASTERRRRR

I'm moving guys!!!!!  I'm moving in with my friend Ashley!!  Yaaaaaay!  I'm a CHANGE IS GOOD kind of gal.  There are so many changes going on, both internal and external, this might be one of the most needed ones.  It's time to change where I rest my head these days...it's also time to live with another person too.  

When you live on your own, you have more control over you and your surroundings...not AS much when you have a roommate.  And because we're creatures of habit, we will find ways to create habit for ourselves because it's comforting.  But what if a habit isn't serving you any longer?  Take that energy and morph it into something that will serve you.  Let me say this again, YOU can transform an energy into another form.  It's sort of like being a Ninja...being able to use the resources around you to make it work for you.  Since Kundalini yoga and taking care of myself more holistically, I feel like an energy master....constantly experimenting with energies, because energy is my resource.  And literally EVERYTHING is energy....your thoughts, feelings, your words, a smile, a thank you, everything.  Do you realize that in this moment, like right now, you have the choice, the decision, the control over your inner energies?  And when you can align your inner energies with what you want, the outer energies line up to show you exactly that.    

I feel like I've been hiding in my apartment and now it feels as though the hiding/cocoon/hermit phase is ending and opening up to the next phase of my life....being in the world, of the world...being with people.  I'm pretty sure I'll return to the hermit phase again because it's all about ebb and flow...BALANCE.  I'm absolutely going with the flow.  The flow of my life and the flow of The Universe.  Moment to moment is all I'm concerned with because I am ever-changing, ever-evolving, ever-learning, ever-growing everyday..every moment.  Who the heck knows what I'll want in the next moment?!  And I'm learning that change takes place now, with me first.   Always.  Change your inside world, and your outside world will follow.  Know that your energy is so powerful, it will find its place in this world...when it's time.  You and your dream have your rightful place here.  Until then, take care of your precious energy, nurture it and learn how to use it to serve you and the world.    This moment, right now, as you're reading this, is the only moment that matters.  Who cares about the unknown?  It'll be known in due time.  

How can you start experiencing energy and how it works in our world?  Just know this.  Energy is best experienced when there is an exchange...a give and take.  I try to practice this exchange every day in some way, shape, or form.  

Breathing
You can start with yourself by breathing consciously, feeling the sensation of breathing out all the way and breathing in all the way.  Notice I said breathe out first.  Because I'm learning through my kundalini practice that I have trouble doing 'Breath of Fire' (breathing through the nostrils in a rhythmic pattern, constant and consistent) when I focus on breathing in rather than breathing out.  My nose starts to hurt, my shoulders get tight, and I feel like I'm controlling my breathing too much.  But then I focus my attention on exhaling and all of a sudden, I have more control without being controlling.  It actually is easier to breathe in when I focus on breathing out....the process feels natural and easy.  Poetic no?  This translates into how I live my life...give first, and you will be given.  Just like when you breathe out all the way; when you can give all the way....you are causing a natural momentum that will help you breathe in all the way, help you receive all the way.  Yes, receiving will be automatic and easier.

OR

Traffic
You can also experience the exchange by saying hello and smiling and someone.  I smiled and said thank you to a fellow driver the other day.  This fellow driver was obviously in a rush and not in a good mood.  We were at a 4 way intersection and I had the right of way.  But, I could see and feel her energy and it was rushing me and my energy.  I knew my energy was strong enough to hold my own so I countered her unconscious energy with my conscious energy.  I waved, smiled, and said thank you.  You know what happened?  I could literally see her face muscles twitching and moving around to align with what she was feeling inside.  In that moment, she became conscious.  Her physical body took a little longer to catch up but, the energy was changed in that moment.  I got nothing and everything out of that moment.  It was a great moment to realize that I can make a difference.

OR

Pay It Forward, Sharing is Caring
Whenever I learn something new, I have to share it.....now.  I wasn't like that before.  I remember as a child, having knowledge about something made me feel special.  I didn't want to let anyone in on that knowledge and just having that knowledge gave me power.  But, I'm sure you've heard, 'What goes up must come down', 'What goes in must come out'....whether you like it or not, this is the Natural Law.  By not sharing things I learned, I think it started to drive me a little mad.  Partly why I started blogging because I couldn't keep it all inside.  Starting today, anything you learn, anything you hear is cool, anything that helped you,....share it with someone, just give it away.  


I bet some of you are thinking, "Move energies around ey?  Well, I wanna know how to levitate or move objects around'.....and you can.  But, you have to understand the basics first.  When you can understand the basic, the essence of what you want....you will have it all.  So start this week building your own life philosophy.  Get in touch with the power that's greater than you can even imagine.  It's there waiting for you...to connect with you.  The better you know how to live your life, the better life will be to you.  And always remember, it's Moment To Moment.  :)

Hope you move some energies around this week!



with LOVE,

Alex





























1 comment:

  1. congrats on the move and the commercial. Can't wait to see it on TV and say, "I know that girl :)" see ya in class tonight! So excited to continue the Margie Haber experience!!!

    ReplyDelete