Thursday, October 20, 2011

Television, Here I Come! Week 41. 'TV Auditions!'



SOME COOL NEWS!

* Congratulations to me!  ;)
Week 41, and I am proud to say, I got my first TWO auditions for network television series!
The first audition was this past Thursday at FOX Studios for the new show 'The Wedding Band' starring Brian Austin Green.  Comedy.  I was confirmed to read for 2 roles but, when I got there, I found out that I would be reading for 1 more!  Gulp.  Thank God for the Margie Haber Intensive (wink wink) that I just finished.  I handled it like a professional.  ;)  I got coached by my Margie Haber teacher, Courtney a couple hours prior to the audition.  That was fun too.  Ooh wee, I can get used to this.  Good news is, Lisa Miller Katz, the casting director, seemed to have enjoyed reading with me...cuz she laughed.  Holler!  And more than once.  Holler!  Holler!  The audition felt relaxed and fun.  And all the while, I am practicing the 'art of letting go after an audition'.  
FACT:  My agent got this for me.
FACT:  I had done a workshop with Joe a couple of months ago.  Joe is the associate casting director with Lisa Miller Katz.
Thank you to my agent and Joe.

The next audition is this Thursday!  I got a phone call today (Tuesday), directly from casting.  It's with Criminal Minds peeps!
FACT:  Since casting called me directly, I called my agent to let her know about the audition.  She checked with them.  The role I'm going in for (Reporter, Co-Star) wasn't even out in the breakdowns.  Scott called me in directly from his workshop file!  What Whaaaaaaat!!!  Scott David is the associate casting director with April Webster for Criminal Minds.  He's the coolest person you'll ever meet.  Thank you Scott.

I am unbelievably grateful.


* ActorFest 
November 5, 2011  9am-6pm  @ California Market Center
I used to think these were a waste of money....now, not so much.  Doesn't matter...this one's FREE.  You can drop off your headshot with casting directors.  I've heard some 'cases' where actors have actually been called in for screen tests.  Why not you?  You never know.
I'll be attending.  Some friends are going too.  I also signed up for a 'How To Break Into Hosting' workshop, Stand-Up workshop, and Casting director focus session.  I'm paying for these extra ones but, I'm sure I'll learn something.
Regardless, think about it!


*FREE Commercial Workshops
Received an email from ActorRated about them.  Check them out.
'Coach Mike Pointer of Hey, I Saw Your Commercial! has discovered 5 Strategic Keys to commercial booking success for his actors.'
HeyISawYourCommercial


* Check out my friend, Brian's reel.  Because I'm in this one of course.  ;)He asked our mutual friend Dylan to help him shoot his reel (same Dylan who did my reel).  Brian wrote them both scenes, Dylan shot, directed, and edited it.  Three days later, a reel is born.  Brian flew out from Hawaii to do this.  Um...that's some pretty badass stuff.
Here's Dylan's info.  He rocks.  :)
M.Constant Pictures

Here's his reel!  I play The Boss Lady.  muhahahahahaha.


*  Photo Shoot with Cammy Kinney!
CammyKinneyPhotography
You know she is one of my BEST friends.  She certainly has her own distinct style.  She's got an edge to her for sure.  Just a lil somethin somethin from our shoot.  Love these and there are so many more.












Aren't they amaaaaaaaaazing?!!!  LoVe  lOvE


I am moving reeeeeally soon!  I purchased the most beeeeautiful bedroom set today.  My new room will truly be an oasis.  OMG..I can't wait.

Hope you all have a fantastic week.  Talk soon.  :)


with LOVE,

Alex



3 comments:

  1. You deserve all the best that's coming to you!!!
    Love, Your St. John's roomie.
    Get it Al Buddah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo!!!! How I miss those St. John's days. LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pix are gorgeous Alex!! And congrats on the two auditions :) I had one for 'Awake' with Cami Patton last week. Man I felt great about it...more to come and more to book for us both :)
    xoxo, Kikey

    ReplyDelete