Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guest-Star, Here I Come! Week 22 and 23. 'Europe Pics'




Dear Diary,

I'm back from my Europe trip.  I put together a slideshow of the photos.  But, first, here's my experience of Europe...in a nutshell.

*  First of all, thank you God for THE most amazing weather.  I heard it's Rare, with a capital R.  We did not get rained on once, the Sun was shining for us the whole way through.  A couple times, our tour guides said that when we left a city, it got rain.  Truly a blessing to have had good hair weather and been able to walk around half naked on my trip.  Truly.

*  Hit 5 countries in 10 days.  I was on an airplane, bus, train, or boat everyday for 10 days!

*  I learned how spoiled and entitled I can be.  I had to pay to use the bathroom.  Yes, they charged .50 Euro to use the toilettes.  I was like, "I'll give you my face just let me pee" but, you gotta get in line first.  Oh the lines.  And as part of a tour group, making frequent pee stops wasn't really an option.  I was afraid to drink water many times.

*  I also waste water.  Not so much now...when I was little, I use to let the water running while brushing my teeth.  Smh.  Lots of bathrooms in Europe have pedals you step on to let the water run...to help you to use only what's necessary.  Nothing in excess.  

*  I want to live in Europe for a year or two.  Learn a new language, meet new people, smell new smells, walk down foreign streets,...absorb a whole new culture and see what sticks with me.  If I can pick a place or two...I'd like to live and work in Paris or London AND I'd love to own a vacation home in Sorrento or on Capri Island in Italy.  

*  Italian men scare me.

*  The architecture there is mind and eye blowing.  I mean, how did the buildings last so long..so beautifully?  How did they even do something so grand back then?  Talk about opening you up to a new reality.  The man power, brain power back then is so far ahead of ours...makes me think, 'How much do we really know?'  

*  Europe doesn't like to change too much.  Think of it as your grandpa or dad.  Which is why they still have jaw-dropping buildings.  And their land is so natural.  Everything about Europe...natural and worn....even in the busy cities...there was history.  I was sure there were stories everywhere.

*  It was so exhausting traveling with a tour group because our schedule was jam-packed but, in the end, we came out alive..together.  We made very good friends with another family...Shout out to the Junn family!  They're my fam away from home here.  :)  And I miss our tour guides.  They were so amazing.  I get sad when I briefly cross paths with wonderful people.  Thank you!

*  Thank you Europe, I will see you again.


Now, for the main attraction.  My photo montage.  I think it's pretty entertaining.  :)






Have a great week!

with Amour,

Alex

4 comments:

  1. love it, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful montage,I watched it all the way to the end! How did you pack so many cute outfits?! I'm going this summer,thinking about just bringing one of those scarves you can tie 500 ways...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the music Miss Alie :) Looking forward to seeing you soon. your Cali family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful (and very busy) trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the montage because I myself have never been to europe, and got to experience some of it thanks to your diligent picture taking. Not a bad way to start the Friday morning, if you ask me. Have a great weekend, Alex.

    ReplyDelete