Sunday, December 4, 2011

Television, Here I Come! Week 48. 'Birthday Pics and Workshops!'



Hello World.  Hello Everyone!

Another glorious year older.  I had an amazing birthday.  Surrounded by talented, funny, kind, generous, loving, supportive, inspiring friends.  We ate, we drank, we laughed, we played games...I loved it.  Thank you everyone for your wishes and thank you to those who helped me celebrate.  It means so much to me...words aren't enough.  :)
Here are some pictures from the evening.















 






 
Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!


I have a busy month ahead of me.  I signed up for two intensive workshops.  I'm doing The BootCamp (hosting workshop) with Marki Costello and Larry Moss is back in town so I'm doing his 4 Day Intensive.  I'm excited!

Larry's going to kick my ass, I know it.  The play I'm working on is Where's My Money by John Patrick Shanley.  I play Natalie, an accountant...put together but, not.  I love her and already connect with her.  I'm her.  I get to go off on my scene partner and call her a 'stupid whore'.  Fun, right?!  I love when I can get crazy and irrational in a scene.  I like doing comedy because it's not about playing the funny...it's really about playing the painful human condition...with my personality.  I feel free.  

I'll be going into rehearsal all this week.  Our session is the 12th-15th.  Lots of memorizing for me!  But, I'm not too worried.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.  If you're interested in studying with Larry or auditing, check out his website.  www.larrymoss.org

And I'll also keep you posted on how the hosting workshop goes.  Marki's also a branding queen so it'll be good to work with her and get more specific about my brand.  Hosting world, here I come!  If you want more info on Marki's workshops, here's the website.  www.becomeahost.com

I'm leaving this year off with a bang.  Eff waiting till the New Year to start something.  Start now...no matter how big or small you think it is...taking action on behalf of your dream is always a courageous act.  Always.  

I forget which Ted Talks video it was, but I learned that there's a 5 sec rule.  When something brilliant strikes you, take action immediately.  Go with your gut...don't think yourself out of it.  You wait past the 5 sec mark...the chances of you taking action on that diminishes.  By then you're fighting yourself so much that you just say, "eh, eff it."  So, even if it's writing your idea on a piece of paper...just take action.  

And you know the 'eh, eff its' don't go away...they'll come back until you take action.  And until you take action, you won't feel good.  Align your actions with what you want...that's when magic happens.

Here's a quote I read.  I read it in today's TheDailyLove.com 
"Our fears are simply undiscovered parts of ourselves. The two emotions, Love & Fear are the opposites of each other. Love is the absence of Fear, and Fear is the non-recognition of Love. When we embrace what we are afraid of, shine light on the darkness of our Fear, we will see that only Love was there the whole time, but was unrecognized. This is the gift of our Fears can give us if we know how to see them for what they truly are, a call to bring Love to the unknown."
 
- Jackson Kiddard, author & polymath.



So, I hope you are inspired all week and take action to manifest your dreams.  
Have a great week!

with LOVE,

Alex


1 comment: