Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Television, Here I Come! Week 43. Criminal Minds Table Read and Shoot!




Hello everybodyyyyyyyy!!!!!

I am sitting at my brand spankin new place, on the balcony, it's a beautiful day, I just finished shooting my  first television show, and I'm finally writing this week's blog post.  Pheeeeeeewwwwww!  I am on cloud 9999999999999999999999999999999.    My life is changing day by day and I'm excited to see where it takes me. 
And yes, that's right!  That's a hammock alright.  My friend/roomie, Ash knows what's up.  :)

Here's to catch you up since the last post!!

We had a table read for Criminal Minds.  Production emailed saying it's on a voluntary basis for the guest cast to attend but they would love to have us there.  I went of course.  They had table names!  I grabbed a copy of the script and looked for my name.  Ooooh wee, there it was!  And sitting right next to me...two casting directors, Becky Silverman and Scott David.  How cool.

I sat down.  A lovely girl came up and asked if I had taken Dallas Travers's workshop.  I said, "Yes!!"  She said she had seen me post something on Dallas's facebook wall about booking this job.  Dallas's students somehow all find each other...it's a community after all.  So that was another cool thing.  But then it got cooler because we both realized later that I didn't write to Dallas, and she saw me thank Scott on his facebook wall instead!  Coincidental that she would mention Dallas?  I think not.  Another cool thing that I was meant to be there.  So great meeting you Christine!  :)

Gets even better.  I went back to reading the script when I heard someone say, "Alexandra?".  Voice was so familiar so I turned around quickly.  It was Bob Lambert!!!  The casting director for All My Children!  I had done a workshop with him not too long ago.  Awwwwwww!!!!  He's one of my favorite CDs!  He's working on a project with Scott so he was sitting in on the table read.  How small and tight the industry/community is.  Maaaad love for them both!!!!

So, multiple signs that I was meant to be there.  My friend Lauren helped me see this.  

Then, the fitting.  B.J. the head wardrobe person helped me.  She was another wonderful person to cross paths with.  She gave individual attention to each actor so we spent about 40 minutes cracking up and dressing up.  I was her last actor that day so she gave me extra attention, I think.  ;)  Thank you B.J. and kisses to your Isabella.  :)

Shoot day!
My call time was 5:24am in Chinatown.  Luckily I live in Miracle Mile area and no traffic.  It felt amazing waking up that early and going to 'work'.  Tee hee.  
I get there and find out I have my own trailer!!

They literally took me to hair and make-up shortly after I got there.  They even took my breakfast order and brought it to me while I was getting made up.  OMG.  I felt so glaaaaamorous daaaaahling.  



Off to shoot!  I was in the first shot, scene.  I got to work with Matthew Gray Gubler!  He's funny.  And so sweet.  I asked him for two autographs for my cousins...they love him.  And who knew Criminal Minds was one of their favorite shows?  So cute.  And for me, I got to take pictures.  ;)
We took more than one....actors.   ;)  Yay!!  Thank you Matthew!  



And here's me as the Reporter.  I was a complete natural.  ;)  I studied Journalism and almost wanted to be a news reporter/anchor, once upon a time.  Fulfilled that dream!  

On that note!  Have a fulfilling week everyone!  Wishing you a magical week.  :)



with LOVE,

Alex







2 comments:

  1. Retroactive congrats on all your hard work, perseverance and positive energy! We're you Taft Harleyed into the union or were you already union when you booked the role?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine!! I'm still technically SAG-Eligible. I did get Taft Harleyed by another project, my friend's. I think television TH without too much fuss if you're right for the role. Are you an actress too? Wishing you many bookings!

      Delete