Monday, June 27, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 25. 'Clean and Clear'




Let's begin with some GREAT NEWS!!!

1.  A BIG Thank You to everyone for reading, joining, and supporting me on my journey as an actress.  I'm almost at 5,000 views!!!  I'm so proud of myself for being able to stick with it and hopefully, adding some value to the world.  But, I am so grateful to you, from the bottom of my heart because you helped me be accountable for every goal.  :*)
And I wanna give something back.  I will have more details soon!!!    :)  

2.  Cool Find of the Week!!!!  Pay It Forward!  My friend Sulinh told me about this.  Thank you lady!  Oh yes...this is what I'm talking about.  ActorLikes.  Check them out and you'll see why.  As you all know, I'm like the crazy StarMeter girl.  I stay on top of my 'ranking'...seriously.  And I do believe it's all about karma.  I belong to two groups that click on each other's IMDB links.  So, jump on the karma bandwagon!  And here's my referral link!  I refer you, I get points, and you refer people, you get points.  Yay!
http://www.actorlikes.com/?r=2610
And I post more cool actor-friendly finds throughout the week via Facebook or Twitter.  Or if you have something cool to share!  Friend and/or Follow!  




I had a freak-out moment this week.  Woke up one morning to find my whole text message history on my phone….gone.  I was so furious but, managed to get myself to kickboxing class and then straight to the Verizon store after to make someone paaaaaay!!!!  I get there and they look at my phone and say, "Sorry, once it disappears from the phone, it's gone for good."  What?!  They get me on the phone with a technician.  Though they've been getting similar complaints about the Thunderbolt 4G, turns out my phone just committed suicide for a second.  To put it oh so morbidly.  :)   I've been letting all my texts pile up and it just crashed on me overnight.  

I guess everything in life, living or non-living, needs to be cleaned out.  Because if it doesn't, there's a breaking point.  Because it's just following the Natural Law.  There's got to be room for flow, room to grow.  I've always been an advocate of cleaning out your mind, body and soul…regularly.  I'm not talking about Master Cleanse or any other harsh detoxes but, simple things like breathing, exercising, meditating, and free form writing.  

I took my first Kundalini yoga class this week.  Kundalini, though you do poses,  focuses more on breathing and spirituality rather than poses/postures.  I thought my first yoga class would be quite the zen-like experience….no it was not.  I'm still learning how to breathe properly so I couldn't keep up with the class too much but, I did try to get as much out of it.  So, I focused on breathing and being silent and present.  I was able to breathe a couple of full breaths.  I let it circulate, let it live in my body and felt its energy moving…hitting each organ.  It was as if my body was a pinball machine…I felt each organ light up as the energy traveled.  As each organ lit up, it made my stomach tense up from feeling something.  I felt sad.  

My yoga instructor asked me after class how my first experience was.  I told him that instead of feeling peaceful and wonderful, I actually felt more crappy.  I felt sad, guilty and uneasy.  He said it was 'one' of the normal reactions.  Energies are being shifted around and depending on the person, every experience is going to be different.  Don't judge it.  Let it be what it is and continue coming to class and see what happens.  

Weirdest thing…I get out of class and on my drive home, I had 3 cars flip me off.  I mean, their crazy came out.  I haven't been flipped off in a long time but thrice at once?  Coincidence?  I think not.  And I wasn't at fault...honest.  ;)    

Ok, so my first yoga class tells me I've got some more work to do.  I'm doing my part to clean out what needs to go so I can make room for new things to flow in.  Free-form writing for my Mind, Kickboxing for my Body, and Kundalini for my Spirit.  Balance.  Because this is where my career begins.  This is where everything begins.

Have you been feeling stuck or stagnant?  Or what about that 'something's gotta give' feeling?  Or just plain indifferent.  Let's shift some energies around!  Because you see that picture up there?  I don't know about you, but, I'd like to look and feel like that all day, everyday.  ;)    Pick one...Mind, Body, or the Soul.  And do something for it consistently.  And consistency doesn't mean everyday...it's whatever you decide on but, once you decide...stick to it.  For example, "I'm going to free-form write every Tuesday and Thursday mornings."  Simple as that.  There's no overachieving or underachieving...oh thank goodness, it's QUALITY here, not quantity.

Happy Cleaning to you all!  Wishing you balance, peace, and LOVE.  :)



And my interview piece with RAD Studio!
www.RealizeArtistsDreams.com










Last Week's Goals:  Research and pick two monologues...Dramatic and Comedic.  Finish short.

Update:  I found an awesome Comedic one and I already have it memorized!  Dramatic, not yet but, I have been memorizing a dramatic scene for my Scott David workshop, who is the CD for Criminal Minds.  Added more writing to shorts but not married to the ideas...didn't feel like the ideas naturally flowed.  I forced them.  So, will keep trying!

This Week's Goals:  I have a meeting on Wednesday with Baron/Brown Studio.  I'm researching and auditing different classes because I want to go back to honing my craft consistently again.  I'm looking into Cold-Read classes because I think it aligns with my television goal for this year.  :)
Oh, I'm also attending a Meisner workshop to see what that's like.  I'm just so curious about everything now!  I'm also looking into getting my reel made.  Holla.
I also got my new headshot in the mail!  I placed the order online...first time doing it and uh, love it!  So much faster and easier.  So, some administrative things this week.










with LOVE,

Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment