Monday, March 21, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 12. 'Ya FEEL Me?'



I watched an amazing documentary 'I AM' with my friend and spiritual buddy, Ashley last night.  Oh, that Tom Shadyac.  :)  It left us with such an impression and we discussed how our world is shifitng towards something greater.  How grateful we felt.  Our world is shifting into a FEELING world...thinking alone is not enough.  Growing up in Brooklyn and Korean-American family, FEELING too much showed weakness..."Oh, you're so sensitive" was something I never wanted to hear.  You'd get your ass kicked if you said that to me.

Now, as an actress, but an artist above all, just call me sensitive all day, everyday.  I welcome the thought process only if it resuscitates my heart and and injects FEELINGS back into me.  I fall in love with films that do just that, I fall in love with books that do just that, I fall in love with people who do just that...stimulates me intellectually and then stimulates me emotionally even more.

The documentary was humbling to watch because I saw that I am not alone...in how I think and how I FEEL.  Thank you GOD!  But, it also empowers you at the same time.  The artist in me always wants to change the world...but, how?  Well, I think the real question is why.  Why do I want to change the world?  Is it so I can own a big house?  Lots of cars?  Fame?  Or is it because I truly want to make a difference?  I want to see more 'Love thy neighbor'.  I want to see more random acts of kindness.  I want to see more smiles on people's faces.  I want to see more happy drivers or more happy pedestrians.  I want to see more people hugging.  I want to see more people holding hands.  I want to see more people kissing.  I want to see more people joking and laughing.  I want to see more children being educated about our society and our planet and showing respect towards it.  I want to see more people listening and then talking.  I want to see more people breathing and meditating. 

And I can...I can see more of this by beginning more of this.  The change starts with me.  I AM the change.  You know what I'm sayin??  I mean, you FEEL what I'm sayin??

If you FEEL that you alone aren't enough to make such a change, think and then FEEL again.  Not to give too much away about the film but, did you know that you are probably breathing in right now, in this moment, or have, or will, the same Argon particles Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Joan of Arc, Leonardo Da Vinci, Jesus, Buddha, Sri Krishna, JohannWolfgang Von Goethe, Susan B. Anthony, William Shakespeare, Martin Luther King, Mozart, Confucius, Rumi, Cleopatra, all breathed at one point?   Food for thought/FEEL.  Do you see what's running through you today?  And will tomorrow?? 

I'm leaving for Korea this week.  But, now I'm even more excited and grateful for this trip.  I don't know what but, I know and FEEL something will be different.  I hope to catch up on my vlogging (video blogs) while I'm there so I can share with you the amazing and beautiful country I come from.  :)

So, what do you think about our world?  Or better yet, FEEL about our world?  Begin FEELING great and hope for it, because that's where we're headed.  We are.  Know it and FEEL it. 

Till next week FEELERS!  Weeeeeeeee!

This blog is dedicated to my friend Darlene Hsu.  Rest in Peace woman.  I love you and miss you...forever. 


Last Week's Goal:  Hanging out.

Update:  Done Son!

This Week's Goal:  I'm going to Korea!  Will blog or vlog from there!  Stay tuned folks.  :)  






Song of the Week is......

No comments:

Post a Comment