Monday, March 14, 2011

Television, here I come! Week 11. 'It's about WHO YOU KNOW'





It's all about who you know. 

Let me explain.  I'm not talking about Directors, Producers, Writers, or Casting Directors...I'm talking about who you REALLY know, who you surround yourself with on a daily basis. 

You all know how much I love TheDailyLove.com.  They used Will Smith as an example once and how he believes that in order to become successful, it is extremely important to take a look at who you surround yourself with.  He believes you cannot fail if you have true love and support around you.  Also, take advice from those who are living what you want.  Mastin Kipp, the founder of TheDailyLove calls it 'walking the talk'.....seriously!  For example, you want to make money, ask and take advice from people who are making money.  You want to be in a loving and healthy relationship, ask and take advice from people who are in a loving and healthy relationship.  

This brought clarity to many things in my life.  It's not just about WHO you surround yourself with, it's also about WHAT you surround yourself with, WHERE you choose to be, and HOW you are feeling, WHEN you are.  I was making decisions based on fear, anxiety, jealousy, anger, etc.  I was surrounding myself with things and people because of fear, anxiety, jealousy, anger, etc.  All this kept setting me up to the next unhealthy thing, which would then set me up to the next unhealthy thing, and so forth.  Meanwhile, when something good happened, I couldn't celebrate it because I couldn't even recognize it. 

You know that saying "Little changes, Big results".  Absolutely.  I always wanted to make BIG changes and thought that was the only way I can give myself credit.  But really, giving myself the necessary time to make little changes was actually harder.  I didn't want to give credit to those little things that could potentially all add up to a big change because, it scared me more that if I couldn't follow through with the small things, I'd be a failure.  So, I would sabotage myself and give myself more than I can handle so I'd have an excuse to fail.  Our minds are brilliant aren't they?  It's about survival and it will do anything for you to cope or survive.  Now, I can fight with my mind all day or choose to work with it.

I had to wake up from denial and realized what I can do and cannot do.  Talk about a humbling moment.  Realizing you don't have control over all things.  Then you surrender to the powers that be for help.  You sort of make a deal...you take care of your part, and let God/Universe take care of the other things.  The things that I had control over, were making healthy choices.  Now I was able to see I was being given so many opportunities, so many chances, throughout the day to begin loving myself in a whole new way.  I no longer felt like the victim to the day or situation.   

I began taking advantage of these opportunities...little by little.  They're adding up now.  I fill my days up with inspirations...people, places, and things.  I hang out with those who make me laugh and help me feel my best.  I go see plays/shows and visit nature alot.  I'm working out more often than not.  I dedicate my time online researching and reading things that add value to my life and for others...health stuff, other actor blogs, and marketing blogs.  And then I find time to give something to someone AT LEAST once a day..whether it's a smile, a hello, or a 'LIKE' on someone's Facebook post.  Cute, huh?  Last week, I used an Oprah Winfrey quote, "You CAN have it all, just not all at once."  I have days where I see what I'm lacking, and I catch myself feeling down, so I say this to myself to remind me that I'm doing my part, and everything's on its way...in time.  Then, I'm able to focus on what I do have and be grateful for it.  Who knows, maybe if I got everything all at once, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it or be grateful for it, because there'd be no time!  So, God/Universe is allotting it accordingly for me.  Everything in my life, happening in my life, deserves my attention and thankfulness. 

So, WHO are you surrounding yourself with?  WHERE are you spending most of your time?  HOW do you feel WHEN you are there?  Success starts with me, you, here, and now.  And little by little. 


Last Week's Goal:  Hanging out!

Update:  Done

This Week's Goal:  Other than upoming auditions and meetings.....Still hanging!  :)


Have a wonderful week and hope you surround yourself with greatness.




with LOVE,

Alex


Song of the Week is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment