Tuesday, October 2, 2012

'My FIRST Spoken Word Performance Video!' Guest-Star, Here I Come! Week 40.





Dear Diary,

Here's my offering to you this week....



*  I'm back from Florida!  It was a much needed visit.  Went to hang out with my two baby cousins, Gracie and Esther.  They aren't babies really, Gracie is 20 and Esther is 15.  It's good to step away from 'work' and just enjoy life, and that's just what I did.  I missed them so.  I love you girls.  :)


*  My apologies.  I forgot to update you all on my GIVEAWAY last week.  Okay, I got all the gifts in the mail now and I'm ready to announce my winner!  I will post a video of it next week.  I want to make sure the gifts go out well before Halloween.  I was going to do a contest but, this one person keeps sticking out in my mind and I believe the gifts are meant for him/her.  Watch video next week and you'll understand why.  

In case you're wondering, "What the heck are you giving away, Alex??"  Click here for the post.


*  Guys, I got another fan mail.  Actually, this is one of two in the last week and half.  Crazzzzyyyy.  No, not crazy...AMAZINGGGG.  This particular one asked for an autographed picture!  Wow...I will be mailing out my first autographed photo this week!  I was wondering what I was going to do with all my unused headshots.  Don't want to waste paper, you know.  ;)

I'm in the process of setting up a 'Fan Of The Week' App via my Facebook Page, where I will highlight a fan...I'd like to do it once a week so we shall see how that goes.  And I will be posting fan quotes too.  I'm getting wonderful feedback and I want to share them.  Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.  I don't even know what to say.....Thank You.  :*)  Click here and 'Like' my Facebook Page to keep in touch with me daily!  


*  I need your help!  If you or anyone you know is a kick ass web designer, please let me know.  I'm looking for someone who can help me create a sexy, edgy, wicked website.  Also, websites are so friggin expensive........... if anyone is willing to do it for a reasonable cost...the better.  Thank you!


*  What do you guys think??  I'm thinking of going back to something.  

I'm thinking of going back to 'The Hot N Funny Asian Chick' (My accountability buddy this month has been spitting out other great ideas for me too).  I have made some vlogs under that title but, changed most of it to match my blog, 'The Diary Of The THRIVING Actress'.  Since I'll be doing stand-up (and for some reason I have a feeling I'm going to love the sh*t out of it), I'm thinking it may be a good start to go back to that....if that makes sense.  

You know I've been working on 'branding' myself the last couple years.  I've worked with Sam Christensen, Dallas Travers, Therese Cator, and I read up and eat up marketing blogs, such as Seth Godin's, Mitch Joel's, and Chris Brogan's.

So, some things I have been learning about branding and marketing.

1.  Don't be afraid to make mistakes.  Nothing is ever a mistake as long you learn from it...then it becomes a lesson.  

2.  Do your work and track your process and progress.  If you don't get the results you want.........KEEP AT IT.  Nothing takes overnight.  Give yourself and your goal(s) some time.

3.  Set a goal.  Time wise.  Give yourself at least 3-6 months.  Trying something once or twice and then giving up isn't enough time to see what your actions can really produce.     

4.  Be consistent about it.  For example, if you're a blogger or want to start blogging....blogging whenever you feel like it or whenever inspiration strikes isn't going to help you get the outcomes you want.  You are a product.  Bottom line.  And as a product, you have to be reliable.  Be reliable to yourself and to your audience/consumers.  

5.  Stay flexible.  Okay, so you've done 1, 2, 3, and 4 and still nothing.  Be okay to walk away from it or make adjustments where need be.  Getting fixated on an idea or certain way is just another form of Resistance.  Life is all about change, movement, and reinventing.  

6.  Take a nice conscious breath and BEGIN.  




Now on to the main attraction....

Here it is everyone.  My FIRST Spoken Word Performance.  Gulp.  Let me know what you think please.  

Honestly, I loved every minute, second of it.  It was incredible.  Yes, I have performance anxiety but, I AM a performer at heart.  And I used to hate watching myself......now, it's gotten easier to watch myself with detachment and I'm seeing how I can improve for next time.  PRO.  :D

Enjoy!






Have a marvelous f*cking week.  


with LOVE,

Alex
















2 comments:

  1. Hey there gorgeous lady, I mentioned you on my blog post
    http://anomickitten.blogspot.com/2012/10/this-is-google-this-is-sparta.html
    thank you very much again.
    and you rock ! as funny asian chick and as an actress too :)

    ReplyDelete