Monday, July 30, 2012

"To Young Dreamers Everywhere" Guest-Star, Here I Come! Week 31.





Dear Diary,

Here is my offering to you this week...


“You're never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.” 
― Richard BachIllusions
   

Some magical news.

*  I'm actually going to be on Scriptcast THIS week!  August 1st, Wed.  The podcast interview will be available on iTunes and Scriptcast after the 6th.  I'll keep you posted.  My first interview...how exciting!    What will we talk about?!  I will also be shooting it on my camera too...turn it into a vlog or something.  Smh.  God, I'm just really impressing myself this week.  ;)
Scriptcast is a screenwriting podcast recorded at UCLA Radio where Script Doctor Eric and TV Wet Nurse Matt chat about the ins and outs of screenwriting in a fun and humorous way…with various levels of success.

*  I made a cameo in a horror webisode.  Another horror, Dear Diary!  Horror seems to like me.  That's cool.  It will be up in August.  The whole webisode's lead guy is Richard Hatch from "Battlestar Gallactica".  The episode I'm in is called 'Dead Reckoning' and Tim Thornerson, also of "Battlestar Gallactica" guest-stars.  

Here are some behind the scene pics.  I get shot in the head.  I was tubed up in the back, and the 'stunt' had to be choreographed.  We only had one take to do it.  Because of all the blood that will go everywhere.  AND it was 3am...you can imagine....I felt just a little bit of pressure.  Let's just say, I gave them their shot.  I don't play.  I've already nicknamed myself 'One Take Alex'.  Oh snap!  ;)
That's Anthony, teaching me about all the weapons on set.  The weapons felt and looked real but, only shot out air.  


This shot will actually be a close-up so you won't see Mark, the special FX person...who was also there to catch me so I can 'fall and die' off frame naturally.  Movie magic is fun and funny. 

*  I got another 'fan' e-mail!  It makes me so mushy to know that my blog is helping girls 15-18 years old...especially because I always wished I had an older sister growing up.  Someone to honestly share my dreams with and ask for advice.  Thank you to my lovely lil sisters everywhere for your support and belief in me....it means the world to me.  

And a shout out to Jade, Ariel, and my two cousins Gracie and Esther.  :*)

This post is for you guys.  I'm sending hugs to you all.  



Now, for the main attraction.


To all the young dreamers out there....


Keep dreaming little one.
Keep believing little one.
You know that 'thing' in you...that 'thing' that says you're gonna be great at something?  That you ARE great at something?  
That's YOU.  And that's the TRUTH.  

You're gonna go through some times when that will sound like lies. 
You're gonna meet some people who will say otherwise,
But, remember this and only this...
Keep looking up to the stars and make your wish.

Nothing happens overnight. 
So prepare for a fight.
But, when you take that first step,
You'll get all the help you can get.

Do you really want everything now?
Do you really want to know everything now?
Life is only short if you're rushing.
Take your time and forever will be your feeling.

Demanding answers only bring pain
Asking the right questions however, keep you sane.
Just wait it out and be patient,
'You'll know' is not just an expression.

Nurture that heart and dream of yours,
The one and only yours.
Because you will have days,
when all you can do is pray.

Go to God then and let God in,
You didn't lose out on anything,
In fact, 
you're about to win.

Your heart will go through storms,
whether from friends, parents, or boys.
When you think you can't take anymore,
that's when a new you will be born.

And this new you will guide you there,
So make friends with her and let the journey be shared.
Listen to your heart and your dream will thank you every day,
You will see magic and miracles in every way.

So, keep dreaming little one.
Keep believing little one.
You know that 'thing' in you...that 'thing' that says you're gonna be great at something?  That you ARE great at something?  
That's YOU.  And that's the TRUTH. 





LOVE your big sis,

Alex






  













2 comments:

  1. HI!!! Guess who??? Heehee It's Mihye (Esther) :) I feel special <3 I'm actually thinking about trying to go into music business or a while ago I was think about voice overs but mainly music lol~ And hope you have a lot of fun and success ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther!!! You should feel special...cuz you are. :) I believe you. YOU can do whatever you want. And I'm here if you need anything. Always. You know that. I love you.

      Delete